The Fall season is officially upon us! The leaves are changing, Halloween is right around the corner, and the pumpkin spice craze is in full effect. We know that there’s so much to do during this time of year, so to help you out, we created the ultimate Miller and Smith guide to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Fall activities near our Maryland and Virginia new home communities.
Manassas has a ton of fun Fall activities to keep our residents going this season! Whether you’re living at the beautiful Cayden Ridge single family home community or plan to buy your brand new garage townhome at our future Signal Hill Crossing community, you won’t want to miss out on these exciting events:
- Manassas Holiday Crafts, Desserts & Sweets: Head to the Manassas Museum Lawn on October 26, from 12-5 pm, to enjoy Manassas, Virginia’s first-ever crafts and dessert fair! This exciting event offers a handful of games and activities including pumpkin decorating, moon bounces, and so much more. Don’t forget to dress the kids in their Halloween costumes for the kid costume parade. Who knows, maybe they’ll walk away with the best costume prize!
- Hastings Marketplace Fall Festival: On Saturday, October 12, from 12-2pm, join in on a day full of games, balloon art, face painting, live music, pumpkin decorating, and more at the Hastings Marketplace Fall Festival! Will your pumpkin be the grand prize winner of the pumpkin decorating contest? There’s only one way to find out!
For residents living at our Brambleton and One Loudoun new home communities, be sure to take a break from decorating your new single family home or townhome to check out all the wonderful Fall activities going on in and around Ashburn, VA:
- Virginia Wine Festival: Starting October 19, visit One Loudoun for a two-day wine tasting event! Taste over 200+ wines from some of the top Virginia wineries and enjoy delicious cuisine from Ashburn, VA’s popular food trucks. If you taste a wine you absolutely love, why not purchase a bottle (or case) to take home for later?
- Pumpkin Village Fall Fest: Through November 3, celebrate all things Fall by visiting the Leesburg Animal Farm for the Pumpkin Village Fall Fest! With a hay maze, pony rides, hayrides, bouncy houses, face painting, pumpkin picking, live entertainment, and even a petting zoo, the Pumpkin Village Fall Fest has everything you need to have a fun Fall weekend.
- Shocktober Haunted House: For those looking for a little more Halloween fun, head over to the Carlheim Manor any weekend from now until November 2 to be spooked in the 5th scariest haunted house in the U.S. Nothing will scare you more than this amazing haunted house, which has been magically transformed into Camp Carlheim, a haunted camp.
Our Embrey Mill residents are in store for some exciting events this Fall! Within the new home community, throughout Stafford, VA and in nearby cities like Fredericksburg, VA, it’s clear Embrey Mill knows how to enjoy autumn:
- Fall Brew Fest: On Saturday, October 12, from 11am to 5pm, indulge in refreshing craft beer from some of Virginia’s award-winning brewers at the Fall Brew Fest! While you sip, enjoy delicious food, some live music, and more. Local wineries and distilleries will also be present offering samples of wine or whiskey.
- Braehead Farm Festival: From hayrides and pumpkin picking, to a sunflower walk and scavenger hunt, the Braehead Farm Festival is the perfect place to celebrate the Fall season with the friends and family. Visit the farm any day of the week!
- Stafford County Farmers’ Market: There’s nothing better than visiting the local farmers market during the Fall season! Enjoy seasonal food and drinks from local vendors and pick up a special trinket or two for a loved one.
New Market, MD \ Frederick, MD
Fall has arrived for our Aspen North and Tallyn Ridge residents! To keep up, New Market, MD, Frederick, MD and surrounding cities have plenty of events in store to start up the season:
- Fall Festival: On October 20, from 1-6 pm, the Mount Airy Fair Grounds is hosting a Fall Festival with FREE entry. Play some games, spend time in the bouncy house, listen to the music, have the kids get their face painted, pick some pumpkins, and take in that cool autumn breeze.
- Trail of Jack-O-Lanterns: Enjoy an evening full of family fun at the third annual Trail of Jack-O-Lanterns event! Walk the trail lit up by Jack-O-Lanterns, check out the animal barn, and sit by the fire pit to roast some s’mores. This event is happening every weekend from October 11 to October 26 at the Green Meadows Farm.
- Fall Festiv-All at Adventure Park USA: Embrace Fall favorites such as a pumpkin patch, pillow jump, straw maze, barnyard, hayrides, zip-lining, pumpkin bowling, and much more at Adventure Park USA’s Fall themed park.
- Summer’s Farm: Home to an Apollo 11 themed corn maze, Summers Farm is sure to provide the perfect mix of enjoyment and challenge! Find your way through the corn maze, snack on some food by the campfire, watch the fireworks, and enjoy different attractions and live entertainment each weekend at this farm.
While these are just a few ways to enjoy the season, it’s surely a good start to everything Fall. Sip on your pumpkin spice latte, breathe in the crisp air and enjoy the Fall season before Winter arrives.